Shock absorbers Part 2

The hard part has been working out how to make the chassis mount in a way that it will be strong enough.

This is how I thought it might work. The problem being the chassis is at a slight angle to the Hartford.

I found a 1 square meter sheet of 7mm steel in the garden so that will make an awful lot of bracketry and would have been hugely expensive to buy. The surface rust makes no difference to me 🙂

However sawing 7mm sheet is hard work so to see how the bracket would look, I made up some fibreboard versions. I think that will look quite nice


All I need to do now is cut some 1″ round steel bar to length, drill and tap it with a 1/2″ BSF thread, weld it at the correct angle, drill some mounting holes, paint it…

It all seems so easy to write but takes a chunk of time…. back soon

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s